Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
|The Image is taken from http://ibibleverses.christianpost.com|
The Lord God created a man from the dust of the earth and made that lump of earth alive by his breath!!!!!
What a significant event in the creation of the world and its inhabitants!!!!!
And how much of attention do we pay to this involuntary process that begins with the creator breathing his life into us.
The creator knew how forgetful his created being was going to be and hence thankfully made this process involuntary. Imagine what would happen if he did not make this process involuntary.
I have recently been meditating on this Gift of Breath that was so easily bestowed upon us and have realized how this simple process of In-inhalation also called as Inspiration brings rich benefits if focused upon correctly. It can lead to a transformation from a disturbed or dis-ease state of being to a state of well being always, every minute, every second of our life.
Some well known scientific facts of the process of inspiration (in-halation) and expiration (ex-halation):-
Inspiration begins when we take 'in' air through our nostrils expanding our diaphragm (filling our lungs) as a result our stomach also expands to accommodate the lungs which are filled to its capacity.
Expiration involves the expanded stomach to now push the lungs to expel the toxins in the form of carbon dioxide thereby contracting the space that was expanded.
1) Focused or Diaphragmatic breathing leads to gentle massage of the internal organs especially the liver leading to better functionality of these internal organs.
2) As the lungs are filled to their capacity while breathing, more oxygen is taken in leading to better circulation to various parts of the body especially the heart and brain. This improves clarity of thought and enhances the ability to make decisions.
3) The gentle massage to the internal organs leads to the pancreas regulating the sugar levels.
4) Expulsion of the toxins from the body leads to stimulation of the digestive organs, improved metabolism and thereby a surge in energy.
5) Improves movement due to the availability of the oxygen to help build and repair the muscles and joints mobility.
If this process alone brings to life to all our internal organs then why is it that we are far from experiencing the abundance of life that is intended for us.